Home for the Holidays


Global Design Project #GDP119 has the awesome theme Home for the Holidays. 


Of course home for the holidays could mean home anywhere. Here in Australia the holiday season rings in long, hot summer days, school vacations and Cricket.
Where I am at the moment the temperature is 36 degrees not the expected maximum of 42 thank goodness. This means Australians head for the beach or the nearest swimming area. While in the U.S.A and Europe we are hearing reports of freezing conditions. Stay safe all especially my Stampin' Up! friends.


I have chosen to make a 3D framed project for this week's challenge. Which could be given to a special someone returning home after a long absence.

  Firstly I white embossed the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper  with the flower spray from the Wood Words stamp set. Then used the Eclipse Technique to give depth to the 'Home' die cuts to add dimension to the little house that I had hand cut to fit the frame. (Even though the camera angle makes it look like it doesn't fit the frame grrrrrr).






The 'Welcome' comes from the stamp set Banners for You with the Banner itself stamped from the Birthday Banners stamp set. I could have used the banner from the Banners for You stamp set but I thought that the stitched edge gave the banner a more homely look.




This week Stampin' Up! have released the new Occasions Catalogue and it is jam packed with more gorgeous new products, plus if that isn't enough Sale-A-Bration has also started.





Pop on over to my store to see the beautiful products and exciting specials on offer.

Thank you for visiting my page today. Until next time happy stamping.



Product List


your photo name

No comments:

Post a Comment