Inspire.Create. STAMPING CHALLENGES Challenge#221


 Hello and welcome to the Inspire.Create Stamping Challenge. I am Karen Farquhar from Australia. For this challenge we had to CASE a Card.

What Does CASE Mean?

Copy – Recreate a project you love while making it your own.

Adapt – Modify parts of the design to suit your style or supplies.

Steal Inspiration – Use another maker's layout or design as a starting point when you need a creative boost.

Ways to Change a Card

  • Switch Colours – Use a completely different colour palette for your cardstock, ink, or embellishments.
  • Swap Stamps – Replace the stamp set or focal image with one you already own.
  • Change the Layout – Rearrange the design, such as moving the focal point from the side to the centre or changing the orientation.




Today I'm sharing a card I CASEd from Tammy Fite, one of my fellow members of the Inspire.Create. Stamping Challenges design team. She created this beautiful card for one of our recent colour challenges, and I loved it the moment I saw it. It was the perfect inspiration for today's project.


While I loved the gorgeous colour combination Tammy has used, I needed to create more masculine type cards for upcoming family birthdays. So, I used Tammy's layout as my inspiration, but changed the Designer Series Paper (DSP) to Waterside Retreat for the background and fussy cut the images from the DSP instead. The seagulls were stamped using the coordinating Relaxing Waterside stamp set, adding the finishing touch and bringing the whole design together






I also loved the die set Words & Wishes Tammy used for the sentiment, so I couldn't resist using it on my cards as well. It adds just the right amount of detail and complements the design perfectly.


I know that most stampers don't mind having their work CASEd—in fact, many take it as a compliment. However, I think it's important to acknowledge the original designer and give credit where it's due. Inspiration is one of the wonderful things about our Stampin' Up! community, and recognising the creator is a simple way to show appreciation and respect for their creativity. Thank you Tammy Fite for your inspiration.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my project today and feel inspired to join in the challenge! You can find even more inspiration from our talented design team over on the Inspire.Create. Stamping Challenges website.

We’d absolutely love to see your creations—be sure to submit your projects here by 10am Sunday (UK time).

Below are the products Tammy & I have used for today’s projects. If you’re based in Australia and would like to purchase them, simply click on the product thumbnails to visit my online store. 

Product List


your photo name

No comments:

Post a Comment