Inspire.Create. STAMPING CHALLENGES Challenge #223 Use Up Your Scraps

Hello, and a very warm welcome to another Inspire.Create Stamping Challenge!

I’m Karen Farquhar, joining you from Australia, and I’m so excited to be sharing this week’s challenge with you.

Our challenge this week is “Use Up Your Scraps.”

If you’re a crafter like me, you probably have a huge stash of leftover papers, ribbons, embellishments, elements and die cuts that are simply too lovely to throw away! Well, today’s challenge gives you the perfect opportunity to put those precious bits and pieces to good use.

You might be surprised at just how beautiful a project you can create using the scraps you already have in your craft room. Sometimes, the smallest leftover pieces can inspire the most wonderful designs!

So, gather up those scraps, get creative, and see what you can make.

Happy stamping, everyone! I can’t wait to see your wonderful creations.


My favourite patterned paper from the May–August Stampin’ Up! catalogue has to be the gorgeous Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper. I love it so much that I didn’t buy one or two packs—I bought three! So, needless to say, I now have an abundance of this beautiful paper.

As difficult as it was to cut into some of my favourite patterns, I decided it was time to put them to good use. I chose several coordinating designs from the pack and created Sunburst Card.

I absolutely love how the different patterns come together to create such a pretty and eye-catching design. 

 

My card base is made from A4 cardstock, cut in half and then folded in half at the 10.5 cm mark.

I found it easier to work in imperial measurements for the remainder of the cutting. To create the sunburst, I started by cutting strips of my Designer Series Paper measuring 4" x 1½". I then cut each strip diagonally to create two triangular pieces.

I wanted the sunburst to have a straight edge along the side of the card, so I positioned the two outer diagonal pieces 1½" in from the edge of the card front. From there, I adhered the remaining triangle pieces, placing them edge to edge around the centre to create the beautiful sunburst effect.

Once all the pieces were adhered, I simply trimmed away the triangles that extended beyond the edge of the card front.

I love how this technique allows you to showcase lots of coordinating patterns on a single card—and it’s a fabulous way to use up those beautiful scraps!

You can find even more inspiration from our talented design team over on the Inspire.Create. Stamping Challenges website.
To join the challenge be sure to submit your projects here by 10am Sunday (UK time).

Below are the products I’ve used for today’s project. If you’re based in Australia and would like to purchase them, simply click on the product thumbnails to visit my online store. 

Product List


your photo name

No comments:

Post a Comment