Easter Baby Animals

Hello and welcome. I was really excited to find I was the winner of Inspire.Create. Stamping Challenges #011. I even get to display the winners badge on my blog. Wolla!





The theme for Inspire.Create Challenges #012 is 'Animals' I thought I would explore some more possibilities with the Lots of Love Box Framelits Dies from the 2018 Occasions Catalogue.



I have already made the box as it was intended (see my previous post here) but some Easter baby animals came to mind today.





 I started with a rabbit and played around with some Designer Series Paper scraps to add some 'Easter' theme colour.










Then of course, as it usually does, my creative mind took over and I decided to give a chicken a try.







  Then a duck. Quack, quack.  





 Oh my goodness where did the day go? OOPS!




So here's the gang.


 Instructions: Using the Lots of Love Framelits Dies cut 2 pieces of the box die in cardstock. Then trim the small tabs off one end, this end will be the flap that folds over to create the bunny's face. Fold all your score lines except the one that will run across his face. If the score line worries you just trim another piece of cardstock to the pattern and adhere to front flap to cover the score line.
After adhering the sides of your box together fold in the bottom tabs and flap to form the box. Then holding your box upright press the sides inwards starting at the top to form a gusset on the side panels.
Now fold the top flap over to the front of the box to form the baby animal's face.
To add features to my baby animals I have used the heart dies from the Lots of Love Box Framelits, the Layering Oval Framelits and my 1/2"(1.3cm) Circle Punch. For the chicken cone and duck's feet I used the Blossom Builder punch
To hold the box lid closed I used small magnets. The top one is adhered with glue dots under the noses. For the inside ones they are attached with glue dots also then I adhered a punched circle of cardstock over the top of it. If you intend to give these to small children velcro dots may be a safer alternative to prevent accidental ingestion of the magnet.  

I hope you enjoyed viewing my projects today. To purchase any of the Stampin' Up! products used just click on the photographs below and they will take you straight to my online store.

Until next time take care and enjoy your crafting.


Product List


your photo name

2 comments:

  1. A well deserved winner! Love these boxes too.. so cute, and great for Easter!
    Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create.Challenges!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen .... Oh My, what a bunch of cuties!! Going straight to the Fav Folder. Thank you for sharing this project.

    ReplyDelete