Just Hopped By

Hello and welcome. Global Design Project #GDP126 is a sketch design challenge.

 As soon as the sketch was released I envisaged an Easter card with an Easter egg as the oval shape and it just so happens that the Hello Easter stamp set in our current Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalogue has the perfect size image for this sketch.


You may ask what is the relevance of the title of this post? Well while I was busy playing around with this set a little chocolate coloured bunny rabbit hopped onto our front lawn. After talking to a number of our neighbours we discovered he belonged to one of our neighbouring families who had gone away for the weekend. Their pet bunny had decided to take advantage of their absence and investigate the neighbourhood.

He actually stayed for three days. We fed him and gave him water and he made himself quite at home snuggling up on our front lawn to sleep of a night.
He was impossible to catch and we were afraid of chasing him in case he ran onto the road and into oncoming traffic. So there he stayed.  


 Meet Thumper 🐰

Now for my projects. I really enjoyed playing with this set. There are 2 different sized eggs in the set, a rabbit, flowers and some greenery. I have only stamped one of the eggs so far but I can see me attempting lots more Easter projects with this set. 



   

I have made a variety of projects ready for Easter treat giving. The PDF instructions for the Easter egg box and the chocolate carrot gift container can be purchased at Erica Cerwin's website along with many more instructions for her brilliant projects.






For this project I have continued the sketch design and attached it to the front of an Acetate Card Box. These boxes are a perfect size to hold 6 of your handmade cards and envelopes however I will probably fill mine with some small Easter eggs wrapped to coordinate with the packaging.






This little box will hold a medium sized Easter egg or you could use our Gusseted Cellophane Bags and fill them with small treats, a pretty ribbon tied at the top and you have a lovely gift for that special person.


  
  



I just had to stamp a bunny in Chocolate Chip to add to a gift card as a tribute to Thumper my little weekend visitor. 





So if you are wondering what has happened to Thumper. His family arrived home Sunday afternoon and managed to catch him using a net. He is now home safe and sound. At least until next time he decides he might sneak out for another adventure.

If you have enjoyed looking at my creations today HOP on over to the Global Design Projects website for more inspiration. For your convenience I have listed below the products I have used in my projects. If you click on the photograph it will take you straight to my online store where if you are an Australian resident you can purchase at anytime.
Thank you for hopping 🐇 by today and happy stamping.      
  



Product List


your photo name

1 comment: